Interceptor Spectrum Chews for Dogs are used monthly for the prevention of heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) infection, control of adult roundworm (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina), immature roundworm (Toxocara canis), adult whipworm (Trichuris vulpis), adult hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum), adult tapeworm (Echinococcus granulosus, Taenia pisiformis and Dipylidium caninum) and aid in the control of adult hookworm (Uncinaria stenocephala) infection in dogs.
Puppies should start treatment with Interceptor Spectrum from 2 weeks of age. Dogs should be tested and be free from both adult heartworm and microfilaria before starting heartworm prevention with Interceptor.
Composition: Milbemycin oxime, praziquantel. Milbemycin oxime has been tested in over 75 different breeds of dogs, including pregnant females, breeding males and females, and puppies from 2 weeks of age
Dose Rate: Give monthly, preferably the same date each month.
- Very small dogs (< 4 kg) – give 1 chew from brown pack. Small dogs (4 to 11 kg) – give 1 chew from green pack.
- Medium dogs (11 to 22 kg) – give 1 chew from yellow pack.
- Large dogs (22 to 45 kg) – give 1 chew from blue pack.
- Very large dogs (> 45 kg) – dose with the appropriate combination of chews according to bodyweight.
- Puppies – treat at 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks, then monthly.